Love that hurts


I miss you at sunset,
And at the crack of dawn,
I miss your warm smile and your gentle touch,
How can life just move on?
People say this too shall pass,
How do I tell them I don’t want it too; I’d like to hold on.

Fear and anger they come in waves,
I feel grief I never knew before,
I don’t hold back… it’s not what I call brave,
Some days my heart partakes in an uncontrollable downpour.
If anyone was brave, it was truly you,
You fought a tough fight and that's something I’ll always be grateful for.

Did you see a light at the end of the tunnel?
Was it a lot of pain?
Where are you now?  I ask myself…
In heaven, says my brain.
Can you see me? Do you hear me? Do you know, why?
I don’t know these answers, but I pray you’ll always love me, Dear Sister, till we meet again.




Comments

Popular Posts